OSN 8800 is a new-generation optical transmission system developed by Huawei. It adopts a unified switching architecture and can function as an MPLS/MPLS-TP-based packet device or a TDM device. When working with other devices of Huawei, OSN 8800 supports various networking modes, including the pure packet mode, hybrid networking (packet + TDM) mode, and pure TDM mode, achieving optimal processing for packet services and traditional SDH services. Thus, OSN 8800 efficiently transmits voice and data services over the same platform.
The available functional versions of the TMX board are TN11 and TN12.
Mappings Between the Board and Equipment
The following provides the board(s) supported by the product. However, the availability of the board(s) is subject to PCNs. For PCN information, contact the product manager at your local Huawei office.
|Board||General 8800 T64 Subrack||Enhanced 8800 T64 Subrack||General 8800 T32 Subrack||Enhanced 8800 T32 Subrack||8800 T16 Subrack||8800 Universal Platform Subrack||6800 Subrack||3800 Chassis|
Differences Between Versions
- TN11TMX supports AFEC, and the TN12TMX supports AFEC-2. Boards that use different FEC modes cannot interoperate with each other. For details, see Functions and Features.
- The TN11TMX board supports fixed optical module and tunable optical module on the WDM side. The TN12TMX board supports fixed optical module, tunable optical module, XFP module and gray optical module on the WDM side. For specifications of each version, see TMX Specifications.
|Original Board||Substitute Board||Substitution Rules|
|TN11TMX||TN12TMX||The TN12TMX can be created as 11TMX on the NMS. The former can substitute for the latter, without any software upgrade. After substitution, the TN12TMX functions as the TN11TMX.
When a TN11TMX board receives OTU1 services on the client side and FEC is enabled, the TN12TMX board cannot substitute for the TN11TMX board.
As a type of optical transponder unit, the TMX board multiplexes four channels of STM-16/OC-48/OTU1 service signals into one channel of OTU2 signals, and implements conversion between these service signals and WDM signals that comply with ITU-T Recommendations.
For the position of the TMX board in the WDM system, see Figure 1.
Functions and Features
The TMX board is mainly used to achieve wavelength tunable and to provide OTN interfaces and ESC.
For detailed functions and features, refer to Table 1.
|Function and Feature||Description|
|Basic function||TMX converts signals as follows: 4x STM-16/OC-48/OTU1<->1x OTU2|
|Client-side service type||STM-16/OC-48: SDH/SONET service at a rate of 2488.32Mbit/s
OTU1: OTN service at a rate of 2.67 Gbit/s
|WDM specification||Supports ITU-T G.694.1-compliant DWDM specifications.|
|Tunable wavelength function||
Supports tunable wavelength optical modules that provide for:
|PRBS test function||Supports the PRBS function on the client and WDM sides.|
|LPT function||Not supported|
Boards that use different FEC modes cannot interconnect with each other.
|Alarms and performance events monitoring||
|ALS function||Supports the ALS function on the client side.|
|Test frame||Not supported|
|Latency measurement||Not supported|
|Electrical-layer ASON||Not supported|
|Protocols or standards compliance||Protocols or standards for transparent transmission (non-performance monitoring)||ITU-T G.707
GR-253-CORE Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) Transport Systems: Common Generic
|Protocols or standards for service processing (performance monitoring)||ITU-T G.805
Working Principle and Signal Flow
The TMX board consists of the client-side optical module, WDM-side optical module, signal processing module, control and communication module, and power supply module.
Figure 1 shows the functional modules and signal flow of the TMX board.
In the signal flow of the TMX board, the transmit and the receive directions are defined. The transmit direction is defined as the direction from the client side of the TMX to the WDM side of the TMX, and the receive direction is defined as the reverse direction.
- Transmit directionThe client-side optical module receives four channels of the optical signals from client equipment through the RX1-RX4 interfaces, and performs O/E conversion.
After the O/E conversion, the four channels of electrical signals are sent to the signal processing module. OTU1 signals are sent to the client-side OTN processing module for performance monitoring. Other types of signals are sent to the SDH/SONET encapsulation and mapping modules for encapsulation and mapping. In the end, operations such as the OTN framing and FEC encoding processing are performed. Then, the module outputs one channel of OTU2 electrical signals.
The OTU2 signals are sent to the WDM-side optical module. After performing E/O conversion, the module sends out OTU2 optical signals at DWDM wavelengths that comply with ITU-T G.694.1 through the OUT optical interface.
- Receive directionThe WDM-side optical module receives one channel of OTU2 optical signals at DWDM wavelengths that comply with ITU-T G.694.1 through the IN optical interface. Then, the module performs O/E conversion.
After O/E conversion, the OTU2 signals are sent to the signal processing module. The module performs operations such as OTU2 framing, decoding of FEC, demapping, and decapsulation processing. Then, the module outputs four channels of STM-16/OC-48/OTU1 electrical signals.
The client-side optical module performs E/O conversion of STM-16/OC-48/OTU1 electrical signals, and then outputs client-side optical signals through the TX1-TX4 optical interfaces.
- Client-side optical moduleThe module consists of a client-side receiver and a client-side transmitter.
- Client-side receiver: Performs O/E conversion of four channels of STM-16/OC-48/OTU1 optical signals.
- Client-side transmitter: Performs E/O conversion from four channels of the internal electrical signals to STM-16/OC-48/OTU1 optical signals.
- Reports the performance of the client-side optical interface.
- Reports the working state of the client-side laser.
- WDM-side optical moduleThe module consists of a WDM-side receiver and a WDM-side transmitter.
- WDM-side receiver: Performs O/E conversion of OTU2 optical signals.
- WDM-side transmitter: Performs E/O conversion from the internal electrical signals to OTU2 optical signals.
- Reports the performance of the WDM-side optical interface.
- Reports the working state of the WDM-side laser.
- Signal processing moduleThe module consists of the SDH/SONET encapsulation and mapping module, client-side OTN processing module, and OTN processing module.
- SDH/SONET encapsulation and mapping moduleEncapsulates multiples channel of SDH/SONET signals and maps the signals into the OTU2 payload area. The module also performs the reverse process and has the SDH/SONET performance monitoring function.
- Client-side OTN processing moduleMonitors OTN performance.
- OTN processing moduleFrames OTU2 signals, processes overheads in OTU2 signals, and performs the FEC encoding and decoding.
- Control and communication module
- Controls operations on the board.
- Controls operations on each module of the board according to CPU instructions.
- Collects information about alarms, performance events, working states and voltage detection from each functional module on the board.
- Communicates with the system control and communication board.
- Power supply moduleConverts the DC power supplied by the backplane into the power required by each module on the board.
- Dimensions of front panel (H x W x D): 264.6 mm (10.4 in.) x 25.4 mm (1.0 in.) x 220 mm (8.7 in.)
- Weight:TN11TMX: 1.4 kg (3.1 lb.)
TN12TMX: 1.1 kg (2.4 lb.)
|Board||WDM-Side Optical Module||Typical Power Consumption (W)||Maximum Power Consumptiona (W)|
|TN11TMX||800 ps/nm-C Band (odd & even wavelengths)-Fixed Wavelength-NRZ-PIN
800 ps/nm-C Band-Fixed Wavelength-NRZ-PIN
|1200 ps/nm-C Band-Tunable Wavelength-NRZ-PIN
1200 ps/nm-C Band-Tunable Wavelength-NRZ-APD
|800 ps/nm-C Band-Tunable Wavelength-(D)RZ-PIN||44.5||51.2|
|4800 ps/nm-C Band-Tunable Wavelength-ODB-APD||48.4||55.7|
|TN12TMX||800 ps/nm-C Band (Odd & Even Wavelengths)-Fixed Wavelength-NRZ-PIN-XFP
10 Gbit/s Multirate-10 km-XFP
10 Gbit/s Multirate-40 km-XFP
10 Gbit/s Multirate-80 km-XFP
|800 ps/nm-C Band-Tunable Wavelength-NRZ-PIN-XFP||31.4||36.1|
|800 ps/nm-C Band-Tunable Wavelength-(D)RZ-PIN||41||45.5|
|800 ps/nm-C Band-Tunable Wavelength-NRZ-PIN||39||43.7|
|a: The maximum power consumption is the power consumed by the board when it works normally under the highest ambient temperature.|
As a world leading Huawei networking products supplier, Hong Telecom Equipment Service LTD(HongTelecom) keeps regular stock of Huawei router and switch and all cards at very good price, also HongTelecom ship to worldwide with very fast delivery.
For real pictures of related product, visit the HongTelecom Gallery.
To buy related product, visit the HongTelecom Online Shop.