OSN 8800 is a new-generation optical transmission system developed by Huawei. It adopts a unified switching architecture and can function as an MPLS/MPLS-TP-based packet device or a TDM device. When working with other devices of Huawei, OSN 8800 supports various networking modes, including the pure packet mode, hybrid networking (packet + TDM) mode, and pure TDM mode, achieving optimal processing for packet services and traditional SDH services. Thus, OSN 8800 efficiently transmits voice and data services over the same platform.
Only one functional version of the LWXD board is available, that is, TN11.
Mappings Between the Board and Equipment
The following provides the board(s) supported by the product. However, the availability of the board(s) is subject to PCNs. For PCN information, contact the product manager at your local Huawei office.
|Board||General 8800 T64 Subrack||Enhanced 8800 T64 Subrack||General 8800 T32 Subrack||Enhanced 8800 T32 Subrack||8800 T16 Subrack||8800 Universal Platform Subrack||6800 Subrack||3800 Chassis|
As a type of optical transponder unit, the LWXD board implements the conversion between the optical signal at the rate between 16 Mbit/s and 2.5 Gbit/s and WDM signals that comply with ITU-T Recommendations, and dually feeds and selectively receives signals on the WDM side.
For the position of the LWXD board in the WDM system, see Figure 1.
Functions and Features
The LWXD board is used to achieve wavelength tunable and to provide ESC.
For detailed functions and features, refer to Table 1.
|Function and Feature||Description|
|Basic function||LWXD converts signals as follows:
|Client-side service type||FE: Ethernet service at a rate of 125 Mbit/s
GE: Ethernet service at a rate of 1.25 Gbit/s
STM-1/OC-3: SDH/SONET service at a rate of 155.52 Mbit/s
STM-4/OC-12: SDH/SONET service at a rate of 622.08 Mbit/s
STM-16/OC-48: SDH/SONET service at a rate of 2488.32Mbit/s
FC100: SAN service at a rate of 1.06 Gbit/s
FC200: SAN service at a rate of 2.12 Gbit/s
FICON: SAN service at a rate of 1.06 Gbit/s
FICON Express: SAN service at a rate of 2.12 Gbit/s
DVB-ASI: Video service at a rate of 270 Mbit/s
ESCON: SAN service at a rate of 200 Mbit/s
FDDI: SAN service at a rate of 125 Mbit/s
|Tunable wavelength function||Supports the tunable wavelength optical module. Equipped with this module, the board can tune the optical signal output on the WDM side within the range of the 40 wavelengths in C-band with the channel spacing of 100 GHz.|
|PRBS test function||Not supported|
|LPT function||Not supported|
|Alarms and performance events monitoring||Monitors items such as the bias current and temperature of the laser as well as the optical power.|
|ALS function||Supports the ALS function on the client and WDM sides.|
|Test frame||Not supported|
|Latency measurement||Not supported|
|Optical-layer ASON||Not supported|
|Electrical-layer ASON||Not supported|
|Protocols or standards compliance||Protocols or standards for transparent transmission (non-performance monitoring)||IEEE 802.3u
GR-253-CORE Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) Transport Systems: Common Generic
NCITS FIBRE CHANNEL PHYSICAL INTERFACES (FC-PI)
NCITS FIBRE CHANNEL LINK SERVICES (FC-LS)
NCITS FIBRE CHANNEL FRAMING AND SIGNALING-2 (FC-FS-2)
NCITS FIBRE CHANNEL BACKBONE-3 (FC-BB-3)
NCITS FIBRE CHANNEL SWITCH FABRIC-3 (FC-SW-3)
NCITS FIBRE CHANNEL - PHYSICAL AND SIGNALING INTERFACE (FC-PH)
NCITS FIBRE CHANNEL SINGLE-BYTE COMMAND CODE SETS-2 MAPPING PROTOCOL (FC-SB-2)
ETSI TR 101 891 Professional Interfaces: Guidelines for the implementation and usage of the DVB Asynchronous Serial Interface (ASI)
NCITS SBCON Single-Byte Command Code Sets CONnection architecture (SBCON)
ANSI X3.139 Information Systems - Fiber Distributed Data Interface (FDDI) - Token Ring Media Access Control (MAC)
ANSI X3.148 Information Systems - Fiber Distributed Data Interface (FDDI) - Token Ring Physical Layer Protocol (PHY)
ANSI X3.166 Information Systems - Fiber Distributed Data Interface (FDDI) Physical Layer Medium Dependent (PDM)
|Protocols or standards for service processing (performance monitoring)||-|
Working Principle and Signal Flow
The LWXD board consists of the client-side optical module, WDM-side optical module, service processing module, control and communication module, and power supply module.
Figure 1 shows the functional modules and signal flow of the LWXD board.
The client side of the LWXD board accesses Any optical signals (Any optical signals at a rate ranging from 16 Mbit/s to 2.5 Gbit/s).
For the types of the signals that the client side accesses, refer to Functions and Features.
In the signal flow of the LWXD board, the transmit and the receive directions are defined. The transmit direction is defined as the direction from the client side of the LWXD to the WDM side of the LWXD, and the receive direction is defined as the reverse direction.
- Transmit directionThe client-side optical module receives one channel of the optical signals from client equipment through the RX interface, and performs O/E conversion.After O/E conversion, the electrical signals are sent to the service processing module. The module performs operations such as the regeneration of Any signals and the performance monitoring of SDH and GE signals. Then, the module sends the signals to the WDM-side optical module.
After performing the E/O conversion, the WDM-side optical module sends out the ITU-T G.694.1-compliant at DWDM standard wavelengths or the ITU-T G.694.2-compliant at CWDM standard wavelengths Any optical signals. An optical splitter converts the OTU1 optical signals into two channels of identical optical signals, and then the two channels signals are output through the OUT1-OUT2 optical interfaces.
- Receive directionThe WDM-side optical module receives two channels of the ITU-T G.694.1-compliant at DWDM standard wavelengths or the ITU-T G.694.2-compliant at CWDM standard wavelengths Any optical signals from the WDM side through the IN1-IN2 optical interfaces. Then, the module performs O/E conversion.After O/E conversion, the Any electrical signals are sent to the signal processing module. The module performs operations such as received signal selection, the regeneration of Any signals and the performance monitoring of SDH and GE signals. Then, the module outputs one channel of Any signals.
The client-side optical module performs E/O conversion of the electrical signals, and then outputs one channel of client-side optical signals through the TX optical interface.
- Client-side optical moduleThe module consists of a client-side receiver and a client-side transmitter.
- Client-side receiver: Performs O/E conversion of Any optical signals.
- Client-side transmitter: Performs E/O conversion from the internal electrical signals to Any optical signals.
- Reports the performance of the client-side optical interface.
- Reports the working state of the client-side laser.
- WDM-side optical moduleThe module consists of a WDM-side receiver and a WDM-side transmitter.
- WDM-side receiver: Performs O/E conversion of Any optical signals.
- WDM-side transmitter: Performs E/O conversion from the internal electrical signals to Any optical signals.
- Reports the performance of the WDM-side optical interface.
- Reports the working state of the WDM-side laser.
- Service processing module
- Regenerates Any signals in two directions.
- Monitors the performance of SDH and GE signals in two directions.
- Control and communication module
- Controls operations on the board.
- Controls operations on each module of the board according to CPU instructions.
- Collects information about alarms, performance events, working states and voltage detection from each functional module on the board.
- Communicates with the system control and communication board.
- Power supply moduleConverts the DC power supplied by the backplane into the power required by each module on the board.
Characteristic Code for the LWXD
The characteristic code for the LWXD board contains eight digits, respectively indicating the frequency values of two channels of optical signals on the WDM side.
The detailed information about the characteristic code is given in Table 1.
|First four digits||The frequency of forth optical signal||The last four digits of the frequency value of the first channel of signals on the WDM side.|
|Last four digits||The frequency of forth optical signal||The last four digits of the frequency value of the second channel of signals on the WDM side.|
For example, the characteristic code for the TN11LWXD is 92109210.
- "92109210" indicates the frequency of the two channels of optical signals on the WDM side both are 192.10 THz.
- Dimensions of front panel (H x W x D): 264.6 mm (10.4 in.) x 25.4 mm (1.0 in.) x 220 mm (8.7 in.)
- Weight: 1.2 kg (2.6 lb.)
|Board||Typical Power Consumption (W)||Maximum Power Consumptiona (W)|
|a: The maximum power consumption is the power consumed by the board when it works normally under the highest ambient temperature.|
As a world leading Huawei networking products supplier, Hong Telecom Equipment Service LTD(HongTelecom) keeps regular stock of Huawei router and switch and all cards at very good price, also HongTelecom ship to worldwide with very fast delivery.
For real pictures of related product, visit the HongTelecom Gallery.
To buy related product, visit the HongTelecom Online Shop.