OSN 8800 is a new-generation optical transmission system developed by Huawei. It adopts a unified switching architecture and can function as an MPLS/MPLS-TP-based packet device or a TDM device. When working with other devices of Huawei, OSN 8800 supports various networking modes, including the pure packet mode, hybrid networking (packet + TDM) mode, and pure TDM mode, achieving optimal processing for packet services and traditional SDH services. Thus, OSN 8800 efficiently transmits voice and data services over the same platform.
The LTX board is a wavelength conversion board and applies to coherent systems. In the receive direction, the board can receive ten 10GE LAN, 10GE WAN, STM-64, OTU2/OTU2e, FC1200, FC800, InfiniBand 5G, or OC-192 signals from client equipment, maps the optical signals into an OTU4 signal, and converts the OTU4 signal into a standard DWDM wavelength compliant with ITU-T G.694.1. In the transmit direction, the process is reverse. The LTX board can also apply to electrical regeneration sites to perform electrical regeneration of OTU4 optical signals.
The WDM-side service rate for the LTX board is 100 Gbit/s. Therefore, the board is intended for 100G transmission systems.
For the position of the LTX board in the WDM system, see Figure 1 and Figure 2.
In this application scenario, the Board Mode parameter of the LTX board must be set to Line Mode.
|Board||Client-Side Service||Target ODUk|
In this application scenario, the Board Mode parameter of the LTX board must be set to Electrical Relay Mode or Optical Relay Mode. When optical-layer and electrical-layer ASON are enabled, it does not matter whether the Board Mode parameter is set to Optical Relay Mode or Electrical Relay mode. The parameter must be set to Optical Relay Mode for the line board in a non-ASON system; otherwise, end-to-end management of services is not available.
- TN15LTXT65/TN17LTXT65: T65 supports only the regeneration application in the non-ASON scenario where the same wavelength is used at the transmit and receive ends.
- Other LTX boards: The input and output wavelengths can be different.
The LTX board does not support the relay mode when it is deployed in an OSN 3800 chassis.
Working Principle and Signal Flow
The LTX board consists of the client-side optical module, WDM-side optical module, signal processing module, control and communication module, and power supply module.
Functional Modules and Signal Flow (OTU mode)
Figure 1 shows the functional modules and signal flow of the LTX.
In the signal flow of the LTX board, the transmit and the receive directions are defined. The transmit direction is defined as the direction from the client side of the LTX to the WDM side of the LTX, and the receive direction is defined as the reverse direction.
- Transmit directionThe client-side optical module receives 10 channels of the optical signals from client equipment through the RX1-RX10 interfaces interface, and performs O/E conversion.After performing the O/E conversion, the client-side optical module sends the electrical signals to the signal processing module. Then, the signal processing module performs encapsulation, OTN framing, and FEC encoding and outputs one channel of OTU4 signals to the WDM-side optical module.
After receiving the OTU4 signals, the WDM-side optical module performs E/O conversion, generates OTU4 signals over a DWDM wavelength that complies with ITU-T G.694.1, and then outputs the OTU4 signals through the OUT optical interfaces.
- Receive directionThe WDM-side optical module receives one channel of standard DWDM optical signals compliant with ITU-T G.694.1 through the IN optical interfaces. The WDM-side optical module then converts the optical signals into electrical signals.After the O/E conversion, the electrical signals are sent to the signal processing module, which performs OTU4 framing, FEC decoding, demapping, and decapsulation for the signals and then outputs 10 channels of client electrical signals.
The 10 channels of client electrical signals are sent to the client-side optical module, which converts the electrical signals into optical signals and then outputs the optical signals through the TX1-TX10 optical interfaces.
Functional Modules and Signal Flow (regeneration mode)
Figure 2 shows the functional modules and signal flow of the LTX.
The LTX board implements the regeneration of one channel of unidirectional optical signals. The wavelengths at the receive and transmit ends of the board are OTU4 optical signals at DWDM standard wavelengths that comply with ITU-T G.694.1.
The optical receiving module receives the optical signals to be regenerated through the IN interface, and performs O/E conversion.
The signal processing module performs decoding, overhead processing and encoding of signals. During the process, the reshaping, regenerating and retiming based on electrical signals are performed, and the signals are encapsulated into OTN frames.
After encoding, the signals are sent to an optical transmitting module. After performing E/O conversion, the module transmits OTU4 signals at DWDM standard wavelengths that comply with ITU-T G.694.1.
The optical signals are output through the OUT interface.
- Client-side optical moduleThe module consists of a client-side receiver and a client-side transmitter.
- Client-side receiver: Performs O/E conversion for 10 channels of optical signals.
- Client-side transmitter: Performs E/O conversion from the internal electrical signals to optical signals.
- Reports the performance of the client-side optical interface.
- Reports the working state of the client-side laser.
- WDM-side optical moduleThe module consists of a WDM-side receiver and a WDM-side transmitter.
- WDM-side receiver: Performs O/E conversion of the OTU4 optical signal.
- WDM-side transmitter: Performs E/O conversion from the internal electrical signals to OTU4 optical signals.
- Reports the performance of the WDM-side optical interface.
- Reports the working state of the WDM-side laser.
- Signal processing moduleThe module consists of the SDH/SONET encapsulation and mapping module, 10GE LAN encapsulation and mapping module, Client-side OTN processing module, and OTN processing module.
- SDH/SONET encapsulation and mapping module:Encapsulates ten channels of SDH/SONET and 10GE WAN signals and maps the signals into the OTU4 payload area. The module also performs the reverse process and has the SDH/SONET performance monitoring function.
- 10GE LAN encapsulation and mapping module:Encapsulates ten channels of 10GE LAN signals and maps the signals into the OTU4 payload area. The module also performs the reverse process and has the 10GE LAN performance monitoring function.
- SAN encapsulation and mapping moduleEncapsulates ten channels of SAN signals and maps the signals into the OTU4 payload area. The module also performs the reverse process and has the SAN performance monitoring function.
- Client-side OTN processing module:Implements the OTN performance monitoring function.
- OTN processing moduleFrames OTU4 signals, processes overheads in OTU4 signals, and performs the FEC encoding and decoding.
- Control and communication module
- Controls operations on the board.
- Controls operations on each module of the board according to CPU instructions.
- Collects information about alarms, performance events, working states and voltage detection from each functional module on the board.
- Communicates with the system control and communication board.
- Power supply moduleConverts the DC power supplied by the backplane into the power required by each module on the board.
- Dimensions of front panel (H x W x D):TN11LTX/TN12LTX: 264.6 mm (10.4 in.) x 101.6 mm (4.0 in.) x 220 mm (8.7 in.)TN15LTX/TN17LTX: 264.6 mm (10.4 in.) x 50.8 mm (2.0 in.) x 220 mm (8.7 in.)
- Weight:TN11LTX/TN12LTX: 5.8 kg (12.8 lb.)TN15LTX: 3 kg (6.6 lb.)
TN17LTX: 2.7 kg (5.96 lb.)
As a world leading Huawei networking products supplier, Hong Telecom Equipment Service LTD(HongTelecom) keeps regular stock of Huawei router and switch and all cards at very good price, also HongTelecom ship to worldwide with very fast delivery.
For real pictures of related product, visit the HongTelecom Gallery.
To buy related product, visit the HongTelecom Online Shop.