Huawei CloudEngine CE7800 Series Data Center Switches
Huawei CloudEngine CE7800 series (CE7800 for short) switches are next-generation 40G Ethernet switches designed for data centers and high-end campus networks, providing high-performance, high-density 40 GE ports, and low latency. The switch has a hardware architecture with 40 GE QSFP+ ports.
Using the Huawei VRP8 software platform, CE7800 switches provide extensive data center service features and high stacking capability. In addition, the airflow direction (front-to-back or back-to-front) can be changed. CE7800 switches can work with CE12800/CE8800/CE6800/CE5800 switches to build an elastic, virtualized, high-quality fabric that meets the requirements of cloud-computing data centers.
CE7800 switches can function as core or aggregation switches on data center networks to help enterprises and carriers build a scalable data center network platform in the cloud computing era. They can also be used as aggregation or core switches for enterprise campus networks.
The CE7800 comes in two models.
|MODEL AND APPEARANCE||DESCRIPTION|
|32 x 40 GE QSFP+ ports|
|32 x 40 GE QSFP+ ports|
High-density 40 GE access
- The CE7800 provides 2.56 Tbit/s switching capacity in a 1U ToR, 1,440 Mpps forwarding performance, and supports L2/L3 line-rate forwarding.
- The CE7800 provides a maximum of 32 x 40 GE QSFP+ ports and can function as the core or aggregation switch on a data center or campus network.
- The QSFP+ port can be used as four 10 GE SFP+ ports to provide a flexible network. CE7800 switches can work with CE12800/CE6800/CE5800 switches to build a non-blocking network platform.
Highly reliable, high-performance stacking
- The industry’s first 16-member stack system
- A stack system of 16 member switches has a maximum of 512 x 40 GE access ports for high-density server access.
- Multiple switches in a stack system are virtualized into one logical device, making it possible to build a scalable, easy-to-manage data center network platform.
- A stack system separates the control plane from the data plane. This eliminates the risk of single-point failures and greatly improves system reliability.
- Long-distance stacking
- The CE7800 can use service ports as stack ports. A stack system can be established with switches in the same rack, different racks, and over long distances.
- Service and stack bandwidths can be allocated based on the network’s scale so that network resources can be used more efficiently.
Vertical virtualization simplifies management
- The CE7800 supports Super Virtual Fabric (SVF), which can virtualize multiple physical switches of the same or different types into one logical switch to simplify network management and improve reliability.
- SVF implements vertical extension of heterogeneous switches and virtualizes multiple leaf switches into remote cards of the spine switch, making it easier to install cables in equipment rooms and manage devices. The CE7800 functions as the spine switch.
- Huawei’s SVF is the first in the industry to implement local forwarding of leaf switches. When horizontal traffic is the mainstream traffic in a data center, SVF improves forwarding efficiency and reduces network delay.
Inter-device link aggregation, high efficiency and reliability
- The CE7800 supports Multichassis-Link Aggregation Group (M-LAG), which enables links of multiple switches to aggregate into one to implement device-level link backup.
- Switches in an M-LAG system all work in active state to share traffic and back up each other, enhancing system reliability.
- Switches in an M-LAG system can be upgraded independently. During the upgrade, other switches in the system take over traffic forwarding to ensure uninterrupted services;
- M-LAG supports dual-homing to Ethernet, TRILL, VXLAN, and IP networks, allowing for flexible networking.
Large-scale routing bridge, on-demand scaling
- The CE7800 supports the IETF Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL) protocol. A TRILL network can contain more than 500 nodes, enabling flexible service deployments and large-scale Virtual Machine (VM) migrations.
- The TRILL protocol uses a routing mechanism similar to IS-IS and sets a limited Time-To-Live (TTL) value in packets to prevent L2 loops. This significantly improves network stability and speeds up network convergence.
- On a TRILL network, all data flows are forwarded quickly using Shortest Path First (SPF) and Equal-Cost Multi-Path (ECMP) routing. SPF and ECMP avoid the sub-optimal path selection problem in STP and increase link bandwidth efficiency to 100 percent.
- The CE7800 supports TRILL-based L2 equal-cost paths to improve links’ load balancing capabilities. The network has a fat-tree architecture that makes expansion easier.
Converged enhanced Ethernet, allowing for data, storage, and computing traffic on one network
- The CE7800 supports Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), which permits storage, data, and computing services to be transmitted on one network, reducing the costs of network construction and maintenance.
- The CE7800 supports centralized FCoE/FC gateway deployment, which makes network O&M simpler.
- The CE7800 series switches support multiple data center features: Priority-Based Flow Control (PFC), Enhanced Transmission Selection (ETS), and Data Center Bridging eXchange (DCBX). These features ensure low latency and zero packet loss for FC storage and high-speed computing services.
Full openness and programmability, flexible customization
- The CE7800 uses the Open Programmability System (OPS) embedded in the VRP8 software platform to provide programming at the control plane.
- The OPS provides open APIs. APIs can be integrated with mainstream cloud platforms (including commercial and open cloud platforms) and third-party controllers. The OPS enables services to be flexibly customized and provides automatic management.
- Users or third-party developers can use open APIs to develop and deploy specialized network management policies to implement extension of fast service functions, automatic deployment, and intelligent management. The OPS also implements automatic operation and maintenance, and reduces management costs.
- The CE7800 supports CE modules for Ansible, which enables unified provisioning of physical and virtual networks.
- CE7800 switches can seamless integrate with systems of F5, an industry-leading application delivery network provider, to build an active-active data center network.
- The OPS provides seamless integration of data center service and network in addition to a service-oriented, Software-Defined Network (SDN).
Hardware overlay gateway achieves fast service deployment
- The CE7800 can work with a mainstream virtualization platform. As the high-performance hardware gateway of an overlay network (VXLAN), the CE7800 can support more than 16 million tenants.
- The CE7800 can connect to a cloud platform through open API to provide unified management of software and hardware networks.
- The hardware gateway deployment enables fast service deployment without changing the customer network, providing investment protection.
- The CE7800 supports Border Gateway Protocol – Ethernet VPN (BGP-EVPN), which can run as the VXLAN control plane to simplify VXLAN configuration within and between data centers.
Zero-configuration deployment, automatic O&M
- The CE7800 supports Zero-Touch Provisioning (ZTP). ZTP enables the CE7800 to automatically obtain and load version files from a USB flash drive or file server, freeing network engineers from on-site configuration or deployment. ZTP reduces labor costs and improves device deployment efficiency.
- ZTP provides built-in scripts for users through open APIs. Data center personnel can use the programming language they are familiar with, such as Python, to provide unified configuration of network devices.
- ZTP decouples configuration time of new devices from device quantity and area distribution, which improves service provisioning efficiency.
Flexible airflow design, high energy efficiency
- Flexible front-to-back/back-to-front airflow design
- The CE7800 uses a front-to-back/back-to-front airflow design that isolates cold air channels from hot air channels. This design meets heat dissipation requirements in data center equipment rooms.
- Air can flow from front to back or back to front when different fans and power modules are used.
- Redundant power modules and fans can be configured to ensure uninterrupted service transmission.
- Innovative energy-saving technology
- The CE7800 has energy-saving chips and can measure system power consumption in real time. Fan speed can be adjusted dynamically based on system consumption. These energy-saving technologies reduce O&M costs and contribute to a greener data center.
Clear indicators, simple maintenance
- Clear indicators
- Port indicators clearly show port status and port speeds. The 40 GE port indicators can show the state of all the 10 GE ports derived from the 40 GE ports.
- State and stack indicators on both the front and rear panels enable operators to maintain the switch from either side.
- The CE7800 supports remote positioning. Operators can turn on remote positioning indicators on the switches they want to maintain, so that they can find switches easily in an equipment room full of devices.
- Simple maintenance
- The management port, fans, and power modules are on the front panel, which facilitates device maintenance.
- Data ports are located at the rear, facing servers. This simplifies cabling.
Mainframe CE7855-32Q-EI CE7855-32Q-EI Switch (32-Port 40 GE QSFP+, Without Fan and Power Module) CE7855-EI-F-B00 CE7855-32Q-EI Switch (32-Port 40 GE QSFP+, 2 x AC Power Module, 2 x Fan Box, Port-side Exhaust) CE7855-EI-B-B00 CE7855-32Q-EI Switch (32-Port 40 GE QSFP+, 2 x AC Power Module, 2 x Fan Box, Port-side Intake) CE7850-EI-B00 CE7850-32Q-EI Switch (2 x 600W AC Power Module, 2 x Fan Box, Port-side Exhaust) CE7850-32Q-EI CE7850-32Q-EI Switch (32-port 40 GE QSFP+, Without Fan and Power Module) Fan box Part Number Product Description Support Product FAN-40HA-F Fan Box (HA, front-to-back, fan panel side intake) CE7850-32Q-EI, CE7855-32Q-EI FAN-40HA-B Fan Box (HA, back-to-front, fan panel side exhaust) CE7850-32Q-EI, CE7855-32Q-EI Power Part Number Product Description Support Product PAC-600WA-F 600W AC Power Module (front-to-back, fan panel side intake) CE7850-32Q-EI, CE7855-32Q-EI PAC-600WA-B 600W AC Power Module (back-to-front, fan panel side exhaust) CE7850-32Q-EI, CE7855-32Q-EI Software CE-LIC-VXLAN VXLAN function CE78-LIC-FCF16 CloudEngine 7800 FCF 16 Port License CE78-LIC-FCFAL CloudEngine 7800 FCF All-port license CE78-LIC-NPV CloudEngine 7800 FCoE NPV Function
As a world leading Huawei networking products supplier, Hong Telecom Equipment Service LTD(HongTelecom) keeps regular stock of Huawei router and switch and all cards at very good price, also HongTelecom ship to worldwide with very fast delivery.
For related articles, visit the HongTelecom Blog and HongTelecom WordPress.
For real pictures of related product, visit the HongTelecom Gallery.
To buy related product, visit the HongTelecom Online Shop.