The Huawei FusionServer 1288H V5 is a 1U 2-socket rack server developed for Internet, Internet data center (IDC), cloud computing, enterprise, and telecom service applications.
Marked H12H-05 on the nameplate, the 1288H V5 is ideal for IT core services, cloud computing virtualization, high-performance computing, distributed storage, big data processing, enterprise or telecom service applications, and other complex workloads. It combines low power consumption with high scalability and reliability, and easy deployment and management.
Performance and Scalability
The 1288H V5 offers the following features to boost performance and improve scalability:
* Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors ensure high processing performance by providing up to 28 cores, 3.6 GHz frequency, 38.5 MB L3 cache, and two 10.4 GT/s Ultra Path Interconnect (UPI) links between processors.
– Each 1288H V5 supports two processors with 56 cores and 112 threads to maximize the concurrent execution of multithreaded applications.
– Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors support L2 cache. Each core can exclusively use a maximum of 1 MB L2 cache or 1.375 MB L3 cache.
– Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 enables processor cores to run at maximum
speeds during peak hours by temporarily going beyond the processor thermal design power (TDP).
– Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology enables each processor core to run up to two threads, improving parallel computation capability.
– Intel® Virtualization Technology integrates hardware-level virtualization functions to allow OS vendors to better use hardware to address virtualization workloads.
* Twenty-four DDR4 error checking and correcting (ECC) RDIMMs or load-reduced DIMMs (LRDIMMs) provide a maximum memory speed of 2666 MT/s and a maximum memory capacity of 1,536 GB, featuring high speed and availability. The maximum memory bandwidth is 249.9375 GB/s in theory.
* The 1288H V5 supports flexible hard disk configurations and provides elastic and scalable memory capacities to satisfy storage capacity and upgrade Requirements.
* The I/O performance of pure SSDs is higher than that of mixed configuration of SSDs and HDDs and 100 times that of pure HDDs.
* Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 2.0 (AVX-512) improves floating-point computing performance for computing-intensive applications.
* The 1288H V5 supports various LAN on motherboard (LOM) and flexible NICs to
provide rich network ports.
* The 1288H V5 supports up to three PCIe 3.0 slots.
* The Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors incorporate the PCIe 3.0 controller using the Intel Integrated I/O technology to shorten I/O latency and enhance overall system performance.
|Processors||1 or 2 full-series Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors of up to 205W|
|Memory||24 DDR4 DIMM slots, up to 2,666 MT/s|
|Internal Storage||Three types of hard drive configurations supported:|
|10 x 2.5-inch hard drives (6 to 8 NVMe SSDs and 2 to 4 SAS/SATA HDDs,
total number of drives ≤ 10) , which can be:
|0 to 6 NVMe SSDs + 0 to 4 SAS/SATA HDDs|
|0 to 7 NVMe SSDs + 0 to 3 SAS/SATA HDDs|
|0 to 8 NVMe SSDs + 0 to 2 SAS/SATA HDDs|
|8 x 2.5-inch SAS/SATA HDDs or SSDs (the NVMe model
supports 4 NVMe SSDs)
|4 x 3.5-inch SAS/SATA HDDs or SSDs|
|2 M.2 SSDs|
|RAID Support||RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, 50, 6, or 60|
|Configured with a supercapacitor for power-off protection for the cache
|RAID state transition, RAID configuration memory, self-diagnosis,
and web-based remote configuration
|Network Ports||LOM NIC: 2 x 10 GE and 2 GE ports|
|FlexibleLOM: 2 GE or 4 GE, 2 x 10 GE, or 1 or 2 x 56 Gbit/s Fourteen Data
Rate (FDR) InfiniBand (IB) ports
|PCIe Expansion||Up to 5 Peripheral Component Interconnect express (PCIe) slots:|
|Two x16 slots for two half-height half-length PCIe 3.0 x16 standard cards|
|One x8 slot for a full-height half-length PCIe 3.0 x16 standard card|
|One expansion slot for a RAID controller card|
|One expansion slot for a FlexibleLOM card|
|Fan Modules||7 hot-swappable counter-rotating fan modules with optional N+1 redundancy|
|2 hot-swappable PSUs with support for 1+1 redundancy and the following
configuration options (note 1):
|550W AC Platinum PSUs|
|900W AC Platinum/Titanium PSUs|
|1,500W AC Platinum PSUs|
|1,500W 380V HVDC PSUs|
|1,200W -48V to -60V DC PSUs|
|Management||Based on the Huawei iBMC chip, provides comprehensive management
features such as fault diagnosis, automated O&M, and hardware security
hardening; supports mainstream standard interfaces such as Redfish,
SNMP, and IPMI 2.0, facilitating integration with third-party management
software; provides remote management interfaces based on HTML5 and
VNC KVM; supports features such as Smart Provisioning and Agentless
to simplify management.
|Optionally configured with Huawei eSight management software; provides
advanced management features such as stateless computing, batch OS
deployment, and automated firmware upgrade, enabling smart and
automated entire-lifecycle management.
|5ºC to 45ºC (41ºF to 113ºF), and ASHRAE A3 and A4 compliant|
|Special Notices||Note 1: The Titanium PSU and 1,200W and 1,500W PSUs are planned
for release in Q3, 2018