Huawei CloudEngine 8800 series (CE8800) switches are 100G Ethernet switches designed for data centers and high-end campus networks. The switches provide high-performance, high-density 100 GE/40 GE/25 GE/10 GE ports, and low latency. Using the Huawei VRP8 software platform, CE8800 switches provide extensive data center service features and high stacking capability. In addition, the airflow direction (front-to-back or back-to-front) can be changed. CE8800 switches can work with CE12800/CE8800/CE6800/CE5800 switches to build an elastic, virtualized, high-quality fabric for cloud-computing data centers.
CE8800 switches can function as core or aggregation switches on data center networks to help enterprises and carriers build a scalable data center network platform in the cloud computing era. They can also be used as aggregation or core switches for enterprise campus networks.
- The CE8800 series is available in the following models:
|Model and appearance||Description|
- CE8860 supports the following models of cards:
|Model and appearance||Description|
Industry’s first 25 GE access switch
- CE8860 supports 25 GE (SFP28)/10 GE (SFP+) auto-sensing interfaces and is applicable to scenarios of high-density 25 GE/10 GE server access.
- CE8860 supports a maximum of 32 x 100 GE, 64 x 40 GE, or 128 x 25 GE/10 GE ports, delivering high-density access and aggregation capabilities through flexible card combinations.
- CE8850 supports a maximum of 32 x 100 GE, 32 x 40 GE, 128 x 25 GE, or 130 x 10 GE ports, delivering high-density access and aggregation capabilities.
High-density 100 GE/40 GE aggregation and outstanding switching capacity
- The CE8800 provides 6.4 Tbit/s switching capacity, forwarding performance of 3,200 Mpps, and supports L2/L3 line-speed forwarding.
- The CE8860 provides a maximum of 32 x 100 GE QSFP28 or 64 x 40 GE QSFP+ ports, and can function as the core or aggregation switch on a data center or campus network.
- The 100 GE QSFP28 port supports 100 GE optical modules. Each 100 GE port can be used as four 25 GE SFP28 ports. The 100 GE QSFP28 port also supports 40 GE QSFP+ optical modules. 40 GE ports can be converted to 10 GE ports through QSFP+ breakout cable.
- The CE8860 supports 100 GE/40 GE/25 GE/10 GE flexible cards, delivering flexible networking capability. It can work with CE12800/CE7800/CE6800/CE5800 series data center switches to build a non-blocking network platform.
Highly reliable, high-performance stacking
- Support 9-member stack system
- A stack system of 9 member switches has a maximum of 864 x 25 GE access ports that provide high-density server access in a data center
- Multiple switches in a stack system are virtualized into one logical device, making it possible to build a scalable, easy-to-manage data center network platform
- A stack system separates the control plane from the data plane. This eliminates the risk of single-point failures and greatly improves system reliability
- Long-distance stacking
- The CE8800 can use service ports as stack ports. A stack system can be established with switches in the same rack or different racks, and even over long distances
- Service and stack bandwidths can be allocated based on the network’s scale so that network resources can be used more efficiently
Large-scale routing bridge, on-demand scalability
- The CE8800 supports the IETF Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL) protocol. A TRILL network can contain more than 500 nodes, enabling flexible service deployments and large-scale Virtual Machine (VM) migrations.
- The TRILL protocol uses a routing mechanism similar to IS-IS and sets a limited Time-To-Live (TTL) value in packets to prevent Layer 2 loops. This significantly improves network stability and speeds up network convergence.
- On a TRILL network, all data flows are forwarded quickly using Shortest Path First (SPF) and Equal-Cost Multi-Path (ECMP) routing. SPF and ECMP avoid the sub-optimal path selection problem in STP and increase link bandwidth efficiency to 100%.
- The CE8800 supports TRILL-based Layer 2 equal-cost paths, greatly improving links’ load balancing capabilities. The network has a fat-tree architecture that enhances expansion.
Converged enhanced Ethernet, data, storage, and computing traffic over one network
- The CE8800 supports Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), which permits storage, data, and computing services to be transmitted on one network, reducing the costs of network construction and maintenance.
- The CE8800 supports centralized FCoE/FC gateway deployment, which makes network O&M simpler.
- Various CE8800 features ensure lossless transmission: Priority-based Flow Control (PFC), Enhanced Transmission Selection (ETS) and Data Center Bridging eXchange (DCBX). These features ensure low latency and zero packet loss for FC storage and high-speed computing services.
Programmable network device, flexible customization
- The CE8800 uses the Open Programmability System (OPS) embedded in the VRP8 software platform to provide programmability at the control plane.
- The OPS provides open APIs. APIs can be integrated with mainstream cloud platforms, including commercial and open cloud platforms, and third-party controllers. The OPS enables services to be flexibly customized and provides automatic management.
- Users or third-party developers can use open APIs to develop and deploy specialized network management policies to implement extension of fast service functions, automatic deployment, and intelligent management. The OPS also implements automatic operation and maintenance, and reduces management costs.
- The OPS provides seamless integration of data center services and the network in addition to a service-oriented, Software-Defined Networking (SDN).
Virtualized gateway achieves fast service deployment
- The CE8800 can work with a mainstream virtualization platform. As the high-performance hardware gateway of an overlay network (VXLAN), the CE8800 can support more than 16 million tenants.
- The CE8800 can connect to a cloud platform through an open API to provide unified management of software and hardware.
- This function implements fast service deployment without changing the network and protects customer investments.
Zero-configuration deployment, automatic O&M
- The CE8800 supports Zero-Touch Provisioning (ZTP). ZTP enables the CE8800 to automatically obtain and load version files from a USB flash drive or file server, freeing engineers from on-site configuration or deployment. ZTP reduces labor costs and improves device deployment efficiency.
- ZTP provides built-in scripts for users through open APIs. Data center personnel can use the programming language they are familiar with, such as Python, to provide unified configuration of network devices.
- ZTP decouples configuration time of new devices from device quantity and area distribution, which improves service provisioning efficiency.
Flexible airflow design saves energy
- Front-to-back/back-to-front design
- The CE8800 uses a front-to-back/back-to-front airflow design to isolate cold air and hot air channels. This design meets heat dissipation requirements in data center equipment rooms
- Air can flow from front to back or back to front depending on the fans and power modules used
- Redundant power modules and fans can be configured to ensure uninterrupted service transmission
- Energy-saving technologies
- The CE8800 has energy-saving chips that can measure system power consumption in real time. Fan speed can be adjusted dynamically based on system consumption. These technologies reduce O&M costs and contribute to a greener data center
Clear indicators, simple maintenance
- Clear indicators
- Port indicators clearly show port status and port speeds. The port indicators also show the state of all the 10 GE ports derived from the 40 GE ports
- State and stack indicators on both the front and rear panels enable operators to maintain the switch from either side
- The CE8800 supports remote positioning. Operators can turn on remote positioning indicators on the switches they want to maintain, so that they can find switches easily in an equipment room full of devices
- Simple maintenance
- The management port, fans, and power modules are on the front panel, which facilitates device maintenance
- Data ports are located at the rear, facing servers. This simplifies cabling
Item CE8860-4C-EI CE8850-32CQ-EI Ports 4 slots, different cards can be flexibly used in combinations to achieve a maximum of:
32 x 100 GE QSFP28 or
64 x 40 GE QSFP+ or
128 x 25 GE SFP28 or
128 x 10 GE SFP+ ports
32 x 100 GE QSFP28 and 2 x 10 GE SFP+ Switching Capacity 6.4 Tbit/s Forwarding Performance 3,200 Mpps Airflow Design Front-to-back or back-to-front Device Virtualization iStack
For details about the configuration, please see: http://support.huawei.com/onlinetoolsweb/virtual/en/dc/stack_index.html?dcb
M-LAG Network Virtualization VXLAN routing and bridging BGP-EVPN TRILL QinQ access VXLAN IPv6 over VXLAN SDN Agile Controller VMware NSX Network Convergence FCoE DCBX, PFC, ETS Programmability OPS CE modules for Ansible released on open source websites Traffic Analysis NetStream sFlow VLAN Adding access, trunk, and hybrid interfaces to VLANs Default VLAN QinQ MUX VLAN GVRP ACL Ingress: 2,000; Egress: 1,000 MAC Address Table Maximum: 136k Dynamic learning and aging of MAC addresses Static, dynamic, and black hole MAC address entries Packet filtering based on source MAC addresses MAC address limiting based on ports and VLANs ARP Maximum: 84k IPv4 FIB Maximum: 128k IP Routing IPv4 routing protocols, such as RIP, OSPF, BGP, and IS-IS IPv6 routing protocols, such as RIPng, OSPFv3, IS-ISv6, and BGP4+ IPv6 FIB Maximum: 64k ND Maximum: 32k IPv6 IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (ND) Path MTU Discovery (PMTU) TCP6, ping IPv6, tracert IPv6, socket IPv6, UDP6, and Raw IP6 Multicast FIB Maximum: 8k Multicast IGMP, PIM-SM, PIM-DM, MSDP, and MBGP IGMP snooping IGMP proxy Fast leave of multicast member interfaces Multicast traffic suppression Multicast VLAN MPLS MPLS Reliability LACP STP, RSTP, VBST, and MSTP BPDU protection, root protection, and loop protection Smart Link and multi-instance DLDP ERPS (G.8032) VRRP, VRRP load balancing, and BFD for VRRP BFD for BGP/IS-IS/OSPF/Static route QoS Traffic classification based on Layer 2 headers, Layer 3 protocols, Layer 4 protocols, and 802.1p priority Actions of ACL, CAR, re-marking, and scheduling Queue scheduling algorithms, including PQ, WRR, DRR, PQ + WRR, and PQ + DRR Congestion avoidance mechanisms, including WRED and tail drop Traffic shaping Configuration and Maintenance Console, Telnet, and SSH terminals Network management protocols, such as SNMP v1/v2c/v3 File upload and download through FTP and TFTP BootROM upgrade and remote upgrade 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) Hot patches User operation logs Zero-Touch Provisioning (ZTP) Security and Management 802.1x authentication Command line authority control based on user levels, preventing unauthorized users from using commands DoS, ARP, and ICMP attack defenses Port isolation, port security, and sticky MAC Binding of the IP address, MAC address, interface and VLAN Authentication methods, including AAA, RADIUS, and HWTACACS Remote Network Monitoring (RMON) Dimensions (W x D x H) 442 mm x 600 mm x 88.1 mm 442 mm × 420 mm × 43.6 mm Weight (fully loaded) 21.2 kg (46.7 lb) 9 kg (19.8 lb) Environment Parameters Operating temperature: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F) (0m to 1,800m)
Storage temperature: -40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F)
Relative humidity: 5% RH to 95% RH, non-condensing
Operating Voltage Rated voltage: 100V AC to 240V AC, 50 Hz to 60 Hz
Maximum voltage: 90V DC to 290V AC, 47 Hz to 63 Hz
240V high-voltage DC power voltage: 188V to 290V DC
380V high-voltage DC rated voltage: 240V to 380V DC
380V high-voltage DC maximum voltage: 188V to 400V DC
Rated voltage range: 100V AC to 240V AC; 50 Hz to 60 Hz
Maximum voltage range: 90V DC to 290V AC; 47 Hz to 63 Hz
Maximum Power Consumption 750W 453W
Mainframe CE8860-4C-EI-F CE8860-4C-EI Mainframe (with 4 Subcard Slots, 2 x FAN Box, Port-side Exhaust, Without Power Module) CE8860-4C-EI-B CE8860-4C-EI Mainframe (with 4 Subcard Slots, 2 x FAN Box, Port-side Intake, Without Power Module) CE8860-4C-EI CE8860-4C-EI Mainframe (with 4 Subcard Slots, Without FAN Box, Without Power Module) CE8850-EI-F-B0A CE8850-32CQ-EI Switch (32-Port 100 GE QSFP28, 2-Port 10 GE SFP+, 2 x AC Power Module, 2 x FAN Box, Port-side Exhaust) CE8850-EI-B-B0A CE8850-32CQ-EI Switch (32-Port 100 GE QSFP28, 2-Port 10 GE SFP+, 2 x AC Power Module, 2 x FAN Box, Port-side Intake) CE8850-32CQ-EI CE8850-32CQ-EI Switch (32-Port 100 GE QSFP28 Optical, 2 x FAN Box, Port-side Exhaust, Without Power Module) Subcard CE88-D8CQ CE8860: 8 Port 100 GE QSFP28 Interface Card CE88-D16Q CE8860: 16 Port 40 GE QSFP+ Interface Card CE88-D24T2CQ CE8860: 24 Port 10 GE Base-T and 2 Port 100 GE QSFP28 Interface Card CE88-D24S2CQ CE8860: 24 Port 25 GE SFP28 and 2 Port 100 GE QSFP28 Interface Card Fan box Part Number Product Description Support Product FAN-180A-F Fan box (F, FAN panel side intake ) CE8860-4C-EI FAN-180A-B Fan box (B, FAN panel side exhaust） CE8860-4C-EI FAN-40HA-F Fan box (HA, front to back, FAN panel side intake) CE8850-32CQ-EI FAN-40HA-B Fan box (HA, back to front, FAN panel side exhaust) CE8850-32CQ-EI Power module Part Number Product Description Support Product PAC-1K2WA-F 1,200W AC & 240V DC Power Module (power panel side intake) CE8860-4C-EI PAC-1K2WA-B 1,200W AC & 240V DC Power Module (power panel side exhaust) CE8860-4C-EI PHD-1K2WA-F 1,200W HVDC Power Module (power panel side intake) CE8860-4C-EI PHD-1K2WA-B 1,200W HVDC Power Module (power panel side exhaust) CE8860-4C-EI PAC-600WA-F 600W AC Power Module (front to back, power panel side intake) CE8850-32CQ-EI PAC-600WA-B 600W AC Power Module (back to front, power panel side exhaust) CE8850-32CQ-EI Software CE88-LIC-NPV CloudEngine 8800 FCOE NPV Function CE88-LIC-FCF16 CloudEngine 8800 FCF 16 Ports CE88-LIC-FCFAL CloudEngine 8800 FCF All Ports CE88-LIC-VXLAN CloudEngine 8800 VXLAN Function
As a world leading Huawei networking products supplier, Hong Telecom Equipment Service LTD(HongTelecom) keeps regular stock of Huawei CE5800/ CE7800/ CE8800/ S5300/ S2300/ S9300/ S1700/ S2700/ S5700/S6720/ S7700/ S9700/ S12700 all cards at very good price, also Hong Telecom Equipment Service LTD ship to worldwide with very fast delivery.