Huawei S12700 Characteristics
Make your network agile and service-oriented
- The high-speed ENP chip used in the S12700 series is tailored for Ethernet. The chip’s flexible packet processing and traffic control capabilities can meet current and future service requirements, helping build a highly scalable network.
- In addition to providing all the capabilities of common switches, the S12700 series provides fully programmable open interfaces and supports programmable forwarding behaviors. Enterprises can use the open interfaces to develop new protocols and functions independently, or jointly with other vendors, to build campus networks that meet their needs.
- The ENP chip uses a fully programmable architecture, on which enterprises can define their own forwarding models, forwarding behaviors, and lookup algorithms. This architecture speeds service innovation and enables the provisioning of a customized service within six months, without replacing hardware. In contrast, traditional Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) chips use a fixed forwarding architecture and follow a fixed forwarding process. For this reason, new services cannot be provisioned until new hardware is developed to support the services, which can take one to three years.
Deliver abundant services agilely
- The S12700 series’ native AC capabilities allow enterprises to build a wireless network without additional AC hardware. Each S12700 switch can manage up to 6,144 APs and 65,536 users. It is a core switch that provides up to 4 Tbit/s AC capabilities, avoiding the performance bottleneck on independent AC devices. The native AC capabilities help organizations better cope with challenges in the high-speed wireless era.
- The S12700 series’ unified user management function authenticates both wired and wireless users, ensuring a consistent user experience no matter whether they are connected to the network through wired or wireless access devices. The unified user management function supports various authentication methods, including 802.1x, MAC address, and Portal authentication, and is capable of managing users based on user groups, domains, and time ranges. These functions control user and service management and enable the transformation from device-centered management to user-centered management.
- The S12700 series’ Service Chain function can virtualize value-added service capabilities, such as next-generation firewall. Then these capabilities can be used by campus network entities (such as switches, routers, AC, AP, and terminals), regardless of their physical locations. Service Chain provides a more flexible value-added service deployment solution, which reduces equipment investment and maintenance costs.
- The S12700 series supports IEEE 1588v2 and Synchronous Ethernet (SyncE), meeting the high-precision synchronization requirements of network systems.
Provide agile finely granular management
- Packet Conservation Algorithm for Internet (iPCA) changes the traditional method that uses simulated traffic for fault location. iPCA technology monitors network quality for any service flow at any network node, at any time, and without extra costs. It can detect temporary service interruptions within one second and can identify faulty ports accurately. This cutting-edge fault detection technology turns “extensive management” into “finely granular management.”
- Super Virtual Fabric 2.0 (SVF 2.0) technology can not only virtualize fixed-configuration switches into S12700 switch line cards but also virtualize APs as switch ports. With this virtualization technology, a physical network with core/aggregation switches, access switches, and APs can be virtualized into a “super switch”, offering the simplest network management solution.
- The S12700 series manages access switches in a similar way to how an AC manages APs, saving the trouble of laborious configuration on access switches. It manages access switches and APs uniformly through CAPWAP tunnels, allowing access switches and APs to connect to the network with zero configuration.
Industry-leading line cards
- Using Huawei’s advanced ENP chips, the S12700 series supports several million hardware entries, leaving traditional switches far behind. The S12700 series provides 1M MAC address entries and 3M Forwarding Information Base (FIB) entries, meeting requirements of route-intensive scenarios, such as the Metropolitan Area Network (MAN) for a television broadcasting or education network. Providing 1M NetStream entries enables fine granular traffic statistics for college campus networks and large-scale enterprise campus networks.
- The S12700 series provides large buffer on line card to prevent packet loss upon traffic bursts, delivering high-quality video services.
- The S12700 series supports high-density line-speed cards, such as 48 x 10 GE, 8 x 40 GE, and 4 x 100 GE cards. Each S12700 chassis can provide a maximum of 576 x 10 GE ports, 96 x 40 GE ports, and 48 x 100 GE ports. This large port capacity fully meets the requirements of bandwidth-consuming applications, such as multimedia video conferencing, protecting customer investments.
- Device-Level Reliability: CSS2 Switch Fabric Hardware Clustering Technology
- Based on back-to-back clustering technology, widely used on high-end core routers, the S12700 series employs second-generation switching fabric hardware clustering technology, CSS2, an enhancement to CSS switching fabric clustering technology.
- CSS2 technology connects cluster member switches through switch fabric unit hardware channels; therefore, cluster control and data packets need only be forwarded once by the switch fabric units and do not go through service cards. Compared with traditional service port clustering technologies, CSS2 minimizes the impact of software failures, reduces service interruption risks caused by service cards, and also significantly shortens transmission latency.
- CSS2 supports 1+N backup of MPUs. This means a cluster can run stably as long as one MPU of any chassis in the cluster is working normally. In a cluster connected by service ports, each chassis must have at least one MPU working normally; therefore, CSS2 is more reliable than traditional service port clustering technologies.
- Network-Level Reliability: End-to-End Hardware Protection Switching
- The S12700 uses a series of link detection and protection switching technologies, such as hardware Eth-OAM, BFD, G.8032, and Smart Ethernet Protection (SEP), to realize end-to-end protection switching. These technologies help build a campus network that responds quickly to topology changes and provides the most reliable services.
- The S12700 supports High-speed Self Recovery (HSR) technology. Using Huawei’s ENP cards, the S12700 implements end-to-end IP MPLS transmission network protection switchover within 50 ms, improving network reliability.
Comprehensive security measures
- The S12700 supports MAC security (MACSec) that enables hop-by-hop secure data transmission. Therefore, the S12700 can be applied to scenarios that pose high requirements on data confidentiality, such as government and finance sectors.
- NGFW is a next-generation firewall card that can be installed on an S12700. In addition to the traditional defense functions such as firewall, identity authentication, and Anti-DDoS, the NGFW supports IPS, anti-spam, web security, and application control functions.
- The S12700 provides innovative next-generation environment awareness and access control. It identifies the application-layer attacks and protects network-layer applications based on application type, content, time, user, threaten, and location.
- The dedicated software and hardware platforms provide an Intelligent Aware Engine (IAE) to perceive application information when all security functions are enabled. The built-in hardware accelerator for content detection improves application-layer protection efficiency and ensures the 10G+ performance when all security functions are enabled.
Interface Card & Power Module & License
03021UWH,EH1D2VS08000,8-port 10G cluster switching system service unit (SFP+)
03030SGX,ET1D2T36SEA0,36-port 10/100/1,000 BASE-T and 12-port 100/1,000 BASE-X interface card (EA, RJ45/SFP)
03030SGN,ET1D2G48TEA0,48-port 10/100/1,000 BASE-T interface card (EA, RJ45)
03030SGP,ET1D2G48TEC0,48-port 10/100/1,000 BASE-T interface card (EC, RJ45)
03030SGE,ET1D2G48TX1E,48-port 10/100/1,000 BASE-T interface card (X1E, RJ45)
03030SGL,ET1D2G24SEC0,24-port 100/1,000 BASE-X interface card (EC, SFP)
03030SGH,ET1D2G48SEA0,48-port 100/1,000 BASE-X interface card (EA, SFP)
03030SGJ,ET1D2G48SEC0,48-port 100/1,000 BASE-X interface card (EC, SFP)
03030SGD,ET1D2G48SX1E,48-port 100/1,000 BASE-X interface card (X1E, SFP)
03030SGR,ET1D2X04XEA0,4-port 10G BASE-X interface card (EA, XFP)
03030SGS,ET1D2X04XEC1,4-port 10G BASE-X interface card (EC, XFP)
03030SGF,ET1D2S04SX1E,4-port 10G BASE-X and 24-port 100/1,000 BASE-X and 8-port 10/100/1,000 BASE-T combo interface card (X1E, RJ45/SFP/SFP+)
03030SGG,ET1D2S08SX1E,8-port 10G BASE-X and 8-port 100/1,000 BASE-X and 8-port 10/100/1,000 BASE-T combo interface card (X1E, RJ45/SFP/SFP+)
03030SGY,ET1D2X12SSA0,12-port 10G BASE-X interface card (SA, SFP+)
03030SHB,ET1D2X16SSC0,16-Port 10GBASE-X Interface Card(SC,SFP+)
03030SGC,ET1D2X48SEC0,48-port 10G BASE-X interface card (EC, SFP+)
03030SHE,ET1D2L02QSC0,2-port 40G BASE-X interface card (SC, QSFP+)
03030SHF,ET1D2L08QSC0,8-port 40G BASE-X interface card (SC, QSFP+)
03030WVE,ET1D2C02FEE0,2-port 100G BASE-X interface card (EE, CFP)
03031FSM,ET1D2X32SSC0,32-port 10G BASE-X interface card (SC, SFP+)
03031HGN,ET1D2X16SSC2,16-port 10G BASE-X interface card (SC, SFP+)
03030TPP,ACU2,WLAN ACU2 Access Controller Unit (128 AP Control Resource Included)
03030UEM,ET1D2FW00S02,NGFW Module C, with HW General Security Platform
03030UEJ,ET1D2IPS0S00,IPS Module A, with HW General Security Platform Software
03030UEK,ET1D2FW00S00,NGFW Module A, with HW General Security Platform Software
03030UEL,ET1D2FW00S01,NGFW Module B, with HW General Security Platform Software
EH1D2L08QX2E,8-port 40 GE QSFP+ interface card (X2E, QSFP+)
ET1D2X32SX2H,32-port 10 GE SFP+ interface card (X2H, SFP+)
ET1D2X32SX2S,32-port 10 GE SFP+ interface card (X2S, SFP+)
ET1D2X32SX2E,32-port 10 GE SFP+ interface card (X2E, SFP+)
ET1D2S24SX2S,24-port 10 GE SFP+ interface and 8-port GE SFP interface card (X2S, SFP+)
ET1D2S24SX2E,24-port 10 GE SFP+ interface and 8-port GE SFP interface card (X2E, SFP+)
ET1D2S16SX2S,16-port 10 GE SFP+ interface and 16-port GE SFP interface card (X2S, SFP+)
ET1D2S16SX2E,16-port 10 GE SFP+ interface and 16-port GE SFP interface card (X2E, SFP+)
ET1D2X48SX2S,48-port 10 GE SFP+ interface card (X2S, SFP+)
ET1D2C04HX2H,4-port 100 GE QSFP28 interface card (X2H, QSFP28)
ET1D2C04HX2S,4-port 100 GE QSFP28 interface card (X2S, QSFP28)
ET1D2C04HX2E,4-port 100 GE QSFP28 interface card (X2E, QSFP28)
ET1D2H02QX2S,2-port 100 GE QSFP28 interface and 2-port 40 GE QSFP+ interface card (X2S, QSFP28)
ET1D2H02QX2E,2-port 100 GE QSFP28 interface and 2-port 40 GE QSFP+ interface card (X2E, QSFP28)
LE0D00CKMA00,Clock Pinch Board-1588
PAC-2200WF,2,200W AC Power Module
PDC-2200WF,2,200W DC Power Module
W2PSA0800,800W AC Power Module (black)
ET1SBSM27000,S12700 V200R007C00 software
ET1SBSM28000,S12700 V200R008C00 software
ET1SBSM29000,S12700 V200R009C00 software
ET1SBSM2A000,S12700 V200R010C00 software
ET1SMPLS0000,MPLS Function License
ET1SNQA00000,NQA Function License
ET1SIPV60000,IPv6 Function License
ET1SSVFF0000,SVF Function License (applicable only to the S12700 series)
ET1SFIB128K0,X-series LPU FIB Resource License-128K
ET1SFIB512K0,X-series LPU FIB Resource License-512K
ET1SWL512AP0,WLAN Access Controller AP Resource License-512AP (with the X-series LPU used)
ET1SWL128AP0,WLAN Access Controller AP Resource License-128AP (with the X-series LPU used)
ET1SWL64AP00,WLAN Access Controller AP Resource License-64AP (with the X-series LPU used)
ET1SWL16AP00,WLAN Access Controller AP Resource License-16AP (with the X-series LPU used)
L-ACU2-128AP,ACU2 Wireless Access Controller AP Resource License (128 AP)
L-ACU2-256AP,ACU2 Wireless Access Controller AP Resource License (256 AP)
L-ACU2-384AP,ACU2 Wireless Access Controller AP Resource License (384 AP)
L-ACU2-512AP,ACU2 Wireless Access Controller AP Resource License (512 AP)
ET1IV2RAC0E0,S12700 Series Agile Switches Product Documentation
As a world leading Huawei networking products supplier, Hong Telecom Equipment Service LTD(HongTelecom) keeps regular stock of Huawei S1700/ S2700/ S3700/ S5700/ S7700/ S9700/ S12700/ S2300/ S5300/ S9300/ CEx800 etc. Series all cards at very good price, also Hong Telecom Equipment Service LTD ship to worldwide with very fast delivery.